Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Devon + Bryan 5.30.15

Wedding season once again! This one was a wonderful way to kick off. It was located at Domaine Meriwether Winery in Veneta, Oregon. The views are fantastic. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do any wine tasting, since I was there on business ;)

My love for two-tier wedding cakes just grows and grows. This is my first borderless stacked cake. I typically use ribbon or piped borders along the bottom of the tiers. I am SUPER pleased with how this cake turned out. I used color mist for the metallic gold effect on the bottom tier. The overspray lightly coated the cake board, too, blending the two together nicely. This cake just couldn't be more simple, understated, and elegant. A beautiful fresh flower is always the perfect finishing touch. I love it when my customers have awesome taste!

This wedding had a golden theme, and I think this petite two-tone wedding cake was just the right thing for the occasion. It was delicious, moist lemon poppyseed cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. With fifteen dozen cupcakes in four different flavors, I think the crowd will be pleased, as well!

It is a shame my photos didn't turn out better. Still working on my photography skills. When I get ahold of the professional photos, I will share them here. In the meantime...








No comments :

Post a Comment